Get Offshore Leverage
How we see Offshore Talent Acquisition-as-a-Service changing recruiting
Customers are guiding us. It’s clear that our offshoring is murky even for customers that already have offshore talent. We are seeing challenges in their:
Broken Infrastructure (payment platforms, no SOP’s, etc.)
No scalable talent acquisition or onboarding process
We are expanding to blend community enablement with talent acquisition as ONE service. End-to-end handholding to success.
Here is what we’ll cover this week:
1. How we see Talent Acquisition-as-a-Service changing recruiting.
2. The Philippines offers you VP/Director level CX opportunities.
3. How I defined and stuck to my “Why” for offshoring talent for the last 5 years.
4. Be careful having your offshore EA leverage your corporate credit cards.
How we see Offshore Talent Acquisition-as-a-Service changing recruiting.
When I started get Levrg, I saw multiple challenges I wanted to help Founders/CEOs and their onshore teammates:
First Principle – help founders/CEO’s become more profitable/productive with offshoring.
- a community to learn as offshoring lives in the shadows.
- allow NON-founders (ELT teammates) to be part of the community so what we learn actually gets pulled through (Founders are too busy).
- allow our customers to “fly birdie fly” within 1-2 offshore hires.
What I’ve come to recognize is that talent acquisition as PART of that community subscription is such a value add:
- Founders what the outcome of talent acquired
- But HATE the existing recruitment model (down payments, pay per talent, and reimbursements)
So we have created the best of both worlds:
Step 1 – Learn best practices
Step 2 – Acquire and scale talent
Step 3 – Continue learning and scaling as a community of like minded Founders.
We are excited to evolve with you.
The Philippines offers you VP/Director level CX opportunities.
The customer success talent in the Philippines is unparalleled.
I’d like to introduce you to Joy on my team – she leads customer success at both Pipeline Signals and Sales for Life. Her talents are absolutely a Level +2 “Officer” – talking over the entire CX process we have designed, and managing customer support teammates, sales trainers and data analysts – located in the Philippines and Bangladesh.
What is remarkable is the communication skills in the Philippines. Here is a video as Joy is launching training videos to our customers.
What’s important to note is that Sales for Life serves primarily the Fortune 2000, and Pipeline Signals services SMB, mid-market and global enterprise. These are complex sales. These are Chief Revenue & Chief Marketing Officers we sell too.
Here is the opportunity:
This level of talent is available for $10-$15/hour, ($1,500 to $2,500 per month). This is talent arbitrage that will skyrocket your gross margins, allowing you to serve customers in ways you had never considered before!
How I defined and stuck to my “Why” for offshoring talent for the last 5 years.
Welcome to entrepreneurship. The road will be dark, lonely and bumpy. Over the years I’ve felt alone in my offshoring First Principles. I either saw the looks that I got from others, or received questions for founders giving their “drive-by advice”. To keep me calibrated, here are some of the tactics I’ve used to keep me focused on my First Principles:
- Write down First Principles as Goals in my phone
I review the following every morning:
- My “45th year on earth goals”
- My daily gratitude
- My V/TO (Vision Traction Organizer for all 3 companies).
In these documents, I see photos and statements of people, places, things that I want personally, and want to accomplish within my businesses.
PROFIT. PROFIT. That’s how these magical goals are achieved. Nothing else. When I look at the profitability needed to achieve these goals, I don’t let the darkness creep in.
- Gross Margins must always be >80%, Customer Payback Period must be < 3 months.
I get crazy objective. I need to make 4x more than the $$$ a customer is paying to serve my product / service. This is the only way to hire the talent necessary to offer “white glove service”. That’s not possible when you’re charging a customer $3,000/month, and you’re paying CX teammates $100,000 a year. To create a triple win:
- Customer is ROV (Return on Investment) is very high
- You’re profits are high enough to provide great service
- Teammates are happy and healthy with their pay…
I’ll say it again. Get crazy objective. I’ll open up my Operating Leverage Benchmark spreadsheet as I meet talented onshore people. After meeting that talent, I objectively plot their output versus offshore. I then recognize quickly that the output isn’t worth 5-10x a reduction in profitability!
Be careful having your offshore EA leverage your corporate credit cards.
I’m a huge fan of having my team execute any task that’s not worth $500/hour. Unfortunately, we have learnt one too many times that credit card transactions offshore are just not one of those tasks worth it.
Yes – your offshore teammate can pay bills or purchase a software tool for you.
WHEN (notice the when) your bank notices a suspicious activity charge, they will shut off your credit card.
Then the waterfall of “pains in your ass”:
- The next 24 hours of transactions fail to pay. You get cut off from other things.
- You have to personally call the bank. Their call center is a barrel of fun. You spend 1-2 hours trying to get your credit card turned back on.
All in all, you could have just paid for the transaction in 5 minutes to save yourself the hassle.
And yes, my offshore teammates leverage VPN networks to mask their IP address location. It just take one mistake (wrong geo-location on the VPN, or forgot to turn it on that day)… and BAM, you’re in credit card jail.
A few precious tasks have to remain onshore, and credit card transactions for SMB businesses is one of those.
Don’t Forget – Benchmark your team against offshore talent.
- What is the profit increase you could expect?
- What is the sales relief / reprieve you could expect to generate the same profit?
Get ready to be shocked!